Spread from 0 degree to 13:20′ Simha. Ravi is the lord, the deity ‘Pitrigan’. Symbol-The royal Court with a royal throne. Attributes-The virtues and vices of the father’s family, wealth, glory, beauty, strength and prowess, lustre and effulgence, superior qualities, sharpness of intellect, nobility, prestige, replenishment, and increase, wisdom, brilliance, capacity and willingness to donate, ancestors on the paternal side-all these are effected by Magha.
1. Physical features: He has a prominent neck and a hairy body. There is a mole in the hands and also beneath the shoulder. He has a medium sized height. He also displays an innocent looking countenance.
2. Character and general events: He is very enterprising. He will respect elders. He will be God fearing and enjoys his life. He is soft spoken and an expert in various sciences. He likes to lead a noiseless life. The native will be receiving honor and recognition from learned people. He has a good knowledge about various arts.
He will devote his valuable time for the expansion of his culture and is actively involved in various cultural activities.
He deals with others in a well thought out manner as he doesn’t want to hurt the feelings of others. In case any of his action is responsible for hurting the feelings of others, he immediately tries to rectify such an action. He also does not like people who create hindrance or cause trouble to others. For this reason, there may be several hidden enemies in the native’s life. He is hot-tempered. He cannot tolerate any action or activity which is not within the purview of truth. But this mental feeling leads him into a state of failures. Selfishness is a remote question for him. He does several things for the community or society not with the intention of getting anything in return, but for mental satisfaction. This is the reason why the native is able to catch the eyes of the public.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He will have many servants and a great wealth. In the professional field he fails to attain materialistic gains as he is not business minded and is too straightforward. However, he will be a perfect example of sincerity and hard work. Sometimes the inherent quality of sincerity and hard work and his efforts are paid off but not to an extent which balances his failures. He is bound to change his field of earning. Once he takes a decision he will stick to that decision. His dealings with his superiors and subordinates are very cordial and most technical. Hence, he serves as a link between his bosses and subordinates.
4. Family life: Most of the Magha born male natives will enjoy a happy and harmonious married life. He has to shoulder several responsibilities, to be more specific-the burden of his co-borns.
5. Health: He may suffer from night blindness or cancer if Saturn and Mars jointly aspects (influences) Moon in this Nakshatra or conjoin in this Nakshatra and may even suffer from asthma or epilepsy.
1. Physical features: She has the most beautiful and attractive features. If Saturn aspects (influences) Moon in this Nakshatra, she will have long and lovely tresses.
2. Character and general events: While she is fond of quarreling ever ready for an angry outburst, she is charitable, god fearing. She will enjoy royal comforts. She can attain mastery over both household and official activities. She is religiously inclined to a great extent. Whenever somebody is in trouble she will help them without any selfish motive.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: If Jupiter is also placed in this Nakshatra, she will be employed in a very high position or she will be like a queen i.e., she will tie the knot with a wealthy person.
4. Family life: One of the drawbacks for the female native born in this Nakshatra is that she invites friction in the family and creates conflict between her husband and in-laws resulting in mental torture for the entire family. This mental tendency must be curbed for a happy family life. She will have good children; preferably the first will be a son followed by two daughters.
5. Health: Her eyes may be affected. She is prone to blood disorders, uterine trouble and hysteria. She may also have jaundice.