Emerald is a gemstone of green color belonging to the family of beryl gems. Emerald (Panna) is gemstone of Mercury(Budha Garha). Mercury is a karaka or indicator of intelligence, commerce, education, communication writing, books, humor, scholars, thieves and astrologers. Vedic sage Parasara describes him; Mercury is endowed with an attractive physique and the capacity to use words with many meanings. He is fond of jokes
Mercury is called Yuwraj(Son of king) in the astrology), a strong mercury makes a person strong minded, situation handler, good speaker and famous.
Emerald or Panna gemstone should be worn especially by teachers diplomats, scientists, astrologers, architects medical personalities, doctors, businessmen, property dealers, publishers, accountants, engineers, writers, post officers, insurance officers and intellectuals. Emerald or Panna gemstone increases reasoning power, presence of mind and spiritual power.
General Characteristics of Mercury:Maternal Uncle, Intelligence, Logic, Mathematics, Humor, Speech, Skin, Nervous system, Green color, Emerald and North.
|General Characterstics of Emerald(Panna)|
|Ring Wearing Finger||Little|
|Metal||Gold / Silver|
|Astrologically GemStone Shape||Rectangular, Oval, Square|
|Refractive Index||1.56–1.60; Uniaxial (–)|
Procedure Of Wearing Emerald (Panna):
- Minimum weight of Emerald should be 4 Ratti (720 mg).
- Emerald should be wear in Little finger of working hand.
- Emerald must touch your fingure skin.
- Dip the ring into gangajal or cow milk at least 10 min before wearing.
- Wear ring on Wednesday during the ascending moon cycle(Shukal paksha) near sunrise time.
- Recite “OM BUDHAYE NAMAHA” mantra while wearing the ring.
- Emerald should be cleaned regularly using Soapy water or soft brush.
Emerald originating countries: India, Russia, Brazil, Columbia, Pakistan, Zambia, Tanzania, Afghanistan and Madagascar.
Zambian emeralds are transparent and light in color whereas Columbian emerlads are dark green color and not much transparent. So wear Zambian emeralds for astrological purpose.
- Retains its color and lustre in all kinds of lights and shades.
- Transparence, which makes it rare and costlier than diamonds.
- Velvety reflection.
- Compactness, which gives it high specific gravity.
- Smoothness that comes when the stone has a fine finish.
- Fine cut, which illuminates it from all sides.
- Soothing touch and pleasant sight, which gives peaceful vibrations and captivates the heart.
- Vitreous lustre, radiance, luminescence, brilliance.
- Rich green homogeneous color that is deep and pleasant, like a blade of fresh grass.