Gomed is gemstone of shadow planet Rahu . The shadow planet Rahu is supposed to be responsible for all sorts of delays or very late fulfillment of ambitions. Gomedh can help in achieving speedy success in less time than expected. Gomedh also improves dealing with people and protects its wearer from sudden misfortunes. This is normally reddish-chocolate in colour. Gomedh is cold in nature. It cures diseases caused by affliction of Rahu and Saturn. It also increases appetite, vitality, confers good health, wealth and happiness and all round prosperity. It is said to be the best gem to avert stomach ailments, disaster, insanity, and evil spirits.
There is no equal to Rahu when it comes to giving Upliftment in Name and Fame , Sudden Luck Gambling, which is probably the reason why Western astrologers regard it as the greatest benefic force.
Rahu is regarded as similar to Saturn in its effect. Smoky blue is its color, instinctual and animalistic its nature. Rahu is interested only in achieving all that gives pleasure, and even if it achieves all it wants, it is never satisfied (which is true of our animalistic nature).
Although Rahu rules no sign of the zodiac, the zodiacal sign Virgo is its sign. Virgo is in fact assigned to Mercury, but Rahu being akin to Saturn and Mercury being a friend of Saturn, Rahu thus has authority over Virgo. Friendly signs are Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Pisces. Cancer and Leo are its enemy signs. Mercury, Venus, and Saturn are friendly planets. Rahu is an enemy of Sun, Moon, and Mars. Rahu gives auspicious results in Taurus and Libra.
Rahu is capable of giving power when rightly posited or exalted, and it gives fame, success in politics, money, and physical beauty (i.e., attraction).
General Characteristics Of Rahu
Illusion, Transients, Unorthodoxy, Skeptics, Atheists, Black magic, Adultery, Incest, Illegitimacy, Maverick, Foreign Travels, Snakes, Poisons, Liquor, Narcotics, Secrecy, Gambling, Cheating, Underworld, Thieves, Outlaws, Illegal activities, Black colour, Gomedh (Garnet), South west.
|General Characterstics of Gomed (Hessonite)
Procedure Of Wearing Hessonite (Gomed)
- Rahu and Ketu stones should be worn only in specific condtions by consulting with astrologer.
- Hessonite (Gomed) gemstone should ideally weigh at least 1/10th in carats of your body weight. (70 kg body weight = 7 carat stone).
- Gomed should be mounted/embedded in SILVER ring and worn in center finger of working hand.
- Gomed must touch your fingure skin.
- Dip the ring into gangajal/cow milk/fresh water at least 10 min before wearing. Take bath and Recite "Aum RAHAVE NAMAH" mantra, 11 ~ 108 times.
- Wear ring on Saturday evening after sunset during the descending moon cycle(Krishna paksha).
- Hessonite ring should be cleaned regularly using Soapy water or soft brush as dust deposited at the bottom of the stone reducing the gemstone astrological effects
Gomed (Hessonite) originating countries
It is available in abundance. It is found in India, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Australia, Tanzania, South Africa, Burma, Mexico, Russia, Italy, Kenya, Canada, U.S.A, and Malaysia. In India it is found in Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan and Bihar. Gaya mines in Bihar are the biggest source of this gem. Recently, very good quality of this Gem has been found in Orissa.
Queries / Comments: 55
1. Subhash Kumar [19-12-2017]
3. Saivaibhav Vyas [04-10-2017]
7. Auxemio Pinto [18-04-2017]
9. Siri Ediriweera [02-03-2017]
10. Shekhar Suman [28-02-2017]
11. Ch.gnanesh [04-02-2017]
16. Prakash Moolchandani [08-05-2016]
18. Laxmikant [25-04-2016]
19. Poovarasan [30-03-2016]
20. Pradnesh [16-02-2016]
21. Shivani Bhardwaj [20-01-2016]
22. Samir Kumar Patra [08-01-2016]
23. Katragadda Aswani Kumari [25-11-2015]
27. Sreedhar [04-10-2015]
28. Tejas Rane [24-09-2015]
31. Partha Sarathy Behera [18-09-2015]
32. Roselyn De Leon [18-09-2015]
34. Deepak Thakuria [11-09-2015]
36. Kaushlesh Sharma [13-08-2015]
37. Arun Sharma [04-08-2015]
38. Khushboo [19-05-2015]
39. Nitish Singh [16-05-2015]
41. KADA SANTOSH [27-02-2015]
43. KIRAN KUMAR [02-02-2015]
48. S. Ganesan [17-04-2014]
53. Rajesh Arora [06-01-2013]
54. Bhawna Tiwari [25-10-2012]
55. Sri Swathi [22-06-2012]